The conference dinner will take place on Tuesday (June 13th) starting around 18:45 at Zurichberg Hotel. After the last talk (ending 18:15) we will take the Tram 6 from Platte to Zoo (here is the trajectory on the map).
Dinner is free for confirmed conference participants. However, you will need to register to the dinner via this registration link.
This will take place on Monday (June 12th) at Irchel Campus starting around 18:45. After the last talk (ending 18:15), we can either walk (30 minutes) or take the tram 9 or 10 to Universität Irchel station (here is one possible trajectory on the map). It will be at the building Y24.
This will take place on Thursday (June 8th) at Irchel Campus starting around 18:15. After the last talk (ending 17:45), we will either walk (30 minutes) or take the tram 10 or 9 to Universität Irchel station (here is one possible trajectory on the map). Once arrived, look for the blue cow.
Wednesday afternoon is free.
Here are some ways to enjoy Zurich apart from its mathematics:
- (visit) Zurich Kunsthaus (Zurich Art Museum): Wednesday afternoon, the entry to several parts of Zurich Kunsthaus is free. It is walking distance (8-10 mins) away from University of Zurich. This can be combined with a visit of the old city of Zurich, churches, gardens etc.
- (visit) Landesmuseum (near train station) - can be combined with a small cruise (on the Limmat river) that is free with a day ticket for public transport.
- (visit) Lind Chocolate Museum at Kilchberg.
- (swim) Zurich Lake: you may go to swim at Rentenwiese or Landiwiese (google these). These are relatively close destinations and can be crowded. There are many other possibilities to swim in Zurich lake with less crowd (please be careful, there are usually no lifeguards, same applies to other lakes and rivers). There is also Greifensee Lake: Relatively less crowded lake (you can reach by train or bus, if you are not staying at Dielsdorf Hotel, you need extra ticket)
- (biking) Züri Rollt: Free bike rental service provided by the city of Zurich (you need to deposit some cash that you get back at the end; you also need your ID).
- (hiking/visit) Uetliberg: This is the hill looking over Zurich with a tower (and restaurant) on top. You can either hike up or take the tram (Uetliberg train) to top (if you are not staying at the Dielsdorf Hotel, you need extra ticket for it).
- (hiking + swim): For sportive participants. You can hike along the Uetliberg chain (Planetenweg) to finish at Türlersee lake (yes, yet another lake).
- (Around Zurich) The Rhine falls, or mountains like Rigi or Mount Pilatus (there are cable cars to the peaks).