Information for guests
The 'Math Guest Account' is valid for any Terminal at the institute. To log in, please type your username and password at the login screen.
Setting a new password will be done via a Webbrowser under https://www.math.uzh.ch/my/account.
- USB Stick, CD, DVD: Use the windows computer in J11 or K49. Copy the files in your Home (Drive L:) - not on the Desktop!
- Internet: a) via email as attachement or b) via SFTP: Windows - Filezilla (http://filezilla-project.org/), Linux: Nautilus, Mac OSX 'Cyberduck' (http://cyberduck.ch/) and connect with the URL ssh.math.uzh.ch , your username and password. For Linux use the URL 'sftp://<guest??>@ssh.math.uzh.ch'.
- Printing to institutes printers are only possible:
- by using one of the institutes terminals, or
- by using the institutes LAN (yellow cable or a port with a yellow point), or
- by using the institutes WLAN 'IMATH'.
- Printernames are on stickers on the printer. In general, they are named like the offices, public printers like the floors.
- Special printer PDF (only available by using a terminal): The PDF files will be saved directly in your home directory, named 'output.pdf'.
To print with your private notebook on the institutes printer:
LAN via Cable with DHCP
Plug in the network cable on your desk (yellow network), set the configuration of your notebook to 'DHCP enabled' and 'no authentication'. If you connect your notebook the first time to the I-MATH LAN, you have to register it with your Guest Account.
WAN via Wireless
There are 3(+1) official WLAN:
- eduroam (preferred): If your 'home' university supports EduRoam (http://www.eduroam.org/, most do), you can authenticate with your credentials of your 'home' university.
- IMATH: WLAN provided by the institute. Login with guest account. Detailed instructions on how to connect available separately. If missing, a copy can be obtained in room J40.
- uzh: only for members of UZH and conference members (if offered). To authenticate, you need a UZH 'shortname' or a special 'conference ID'. If you are not a UZH member (guests are not UZH members) there is no chance to get a UZH 'shortname'.
- public: will be switched off in the near future.
The key of the guest room will also open the library, which is located on floor 'G' (basement).
Library online search: biblio.uzh.ch/ALEPH
International connectors for power should lie on the desk, otherwise ask the IT for help.