The Applied Statistics group offers a statistical consulting service, primarily aimed at members of the Faculty of Science. We offer support in a wide range of statistical questions that arise during data analysis in the course of varied research projects. In one or few meetings we try to help with the correct choice of statistical methodology and interpretation of results. Ideally, we are already contacted during the planning process of the experiments, so that the experiments and statistical methods can be tailored to your particular research questions.
We use and encourage to employ the free software R. Unfortunately, we can only provide limited help with other statistical software.
Researchers of the
- Medical Faculty are asked to contact the Division of Biostatistics at the Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Prevention Institute (Prof. Dr. L. Held).
- VetSuisse Faculty are asked to contact the Statistics Consultancy (Prof. Dr. P. Torgerson)
- Department of Psychology are asked to contact the Workgroup for Psychological Methods, Evaluation and Statistics (Prof. Dr. C. Strobl)
- Requests regarding language and linguistic related research are asked to contact the Statistical Consulting
- ETH are asked to contact the Seminar for Statistics at ETH
Since consultations for the Faculty of Science are prioritized, the services that we provide for other faculties or departments is limited by our capacity. Please note that our group is specialized and it may be difficult for us to help individuals with different interests (e.g. economics, history, etc.).
The consulting meeting can be either online (e.g., Teams, Zoom, https://collab.math.uzh.ch, etc.) or onsite (building Y27 Irchel Campus).
2022.10.07 02:19:10 +0200, Reference: 633f707eca540
SIP '62fd513390652' not registered - please reload the previous site and try again.